- Make good judgments about qualitative relationships.
- Problems can have more than one solution and that questions can have more than one answer.
- Arts teach multiple perspectives.
- The arts teach in complex forms of problem solving purposes are seldom fixed, but change with circumstance and opportunity.
- The arts make vivid the fact that neither words in their literal form nor numbers exhaust what we can know.
- Small differences can have large effects.
- The arts help to say what cannot be said.
- The arts enable us to have experiences we can have from no other source, and through such experience to discover the range and variety of what we are capable of feeling.